Phoenix Real Estate UndressedMay 14, 2015
10 facts you need to know about houses for sale in Phoenix.
America Property Source has been enabling Australian investors to safely purchase houses for sale in Phoenix, Arizona since 2010. The question we are asked all the time is why Phoenix?
America Property Source has assembled your team of industry experts who support Australian investors and facilitate the growth of their USA real estate assets.
Here are 10 reasons why Phoenix is a destination for your investment dollars.
- Population – 3 million people call The Greater Phoenix area home making it the 6th largest capital city in the USA. Think Melbourne! Phoenix has been growing consonantly for 20 years and is expected to reach 6 million by 2030.
- International market – Phoenix is a +210 billion dollar marketplace. Phoenix serves as a regional hub for innovation and entrepreneurs, providing international access to aerospace, high technology, bioscience and sustainable technology companies.
- Big business – Phoenix is home to a number of Fortune 500 companies such as Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc, Republic Services, Avnet, Pet Smart and Insight. Software giant Intel employs 11,700 people across multiple microprocessor manufacturing fabrication sites, including one of its largest and newest campuses. Honeywell’s aerospace division is headquartered in Phoenix and the valley hosts a plethora of other avionics and mechanical facilities.
- Big banks – US banks Wells Fargo, Bank of America and JP Morgan Chase are use Phoenix as their regional base. Global giant American Express hosts its financial transactions, customer information and their entire website in Phoenix.
- Education – Students are drawn to Phoenix from all corners of the world. Arizona State University in Tempe is one of the nation’s largest enrolments with 60,000 students. Additionally, 21 community colleges and 25 private colleges call Phoenix home making the city a top destination for higher education.
- Professional sports teams – Phoenix is sports crazy just like Melbourne. It’s one of the few American cities to host all four major professional sports teams: the Arizona Diamondbacks for Major League Baseball, the Arizona Cardinals for the NFL, The Phoenix Suns for the NBA, and the Phoenix Coyotes for the NHL.
- Golf – Greater Phoenix is the home to over 200 golf courses! Plus the Phoenix Open is the PGA Tour’s largest golfing event in the US and held annually in Scottsdale. In 2014 The Phoenix Open set a new overall tournament and PGA Tour attendance record of 563,008.
- Tourism – Over 16 million people visit metropolitan Phoenix each year and 37 million people visit Arizona each year. The warm, dry climate of the Sonora Desert makes Phoenix a draw for both new residents and tourists. The Sonoran Desert, which is one of the wettest and greenest deserts in North America.
- Recreation – Like big stuff? Arizona is the Grand Canyon State. Drive time form Phoenix to this natural wonder is only 4 hours! Phoenix is home to The South Mountain Park and Preserve (North America’s largest municipal park). The park has over 150 kms of hiking, biking and equestrian trails across an area that covers 6680 hectares or 16,500 acres.
- Location – Phoenix is the south-west regional hub city of the United States. Arizona borders California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and Mexico. Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas are only a six-hour drive or one-hour flight from Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International airport.
Phoenix real estate offers investors both cash flow and capital growth opportunity. The market for existing houses for sale in Greater Phoenix is improving. Active listings continuing to decline (26,810 in April vs. 27,553 in March), resales continue to grow (8,373 vs. 7,887) and prices are trending up ($202,000 in April vs. $200,000 in March). Want more good news? The unemployment rate fell to 5.4% in April from 5.5% in March, the lowest level in almost 7 years.
Now is the time for you to grow your USA real estate portfolio. America Property Source would love to hear from you and be included on your team of US property professionals. Give us a call +(61) 3 9111 0424 or drop us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic data by ELLIOTT D. POLLACK & Company